A respondent is any student or student organization accused of violating the Code of Student Conduct.
It is essential for respondents to fully read and understand any correspondence they receive from the Office of Student Conduct & Academic Integrity. All correspondence will be sent to the respondent's official University email address. The email will include a link to a secured site where you must sign in to ensure the privacy of your information.
Respondents are strongly encouraged to meet with an advisor prior to participating in a hearing.
The following links will take you to relevant sections of the Code of Student Conduct for the following topics:
- Academic Integrity Procedures (pg. 15)
- Appeal Procedures (pg. 21)
- Conduct Conference (pg. 11)
- Hearing Description (pg. 11)
- Hearing Procedures (pg. 18)
- Parental Notification (pg. 8)
- Prohibited Conduct List (pg. 8)
- Sanctions (pg. 11)
- Sexual Misconduct-Additional Considerations (pg. 22)
The graphic on the right illustrates the student conduct process with a flow chart.
If you have a question that was not addressed here, please contact us.