The goals of the Assessment Program are to assist in assessing:
- Learning outcomes of each academic program and efficiency and effectiveness outcomes of each administrative unit using WEAVE, our new web-based assessment management tool
- Attainment of outcomes of the general education program through assessment in six competency areas including writing proficiency, technical / information literacy, quantitative reasoning, scientific reasoning, oral communication, and critical thinking.
- Learning outcomes related to the University's accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools - Commission on Colleges (SACS/COC) and specialized accreditations held by several colleges and individual academic programs
- Entering students' potential for academic success and persistence; (5) overall student satisfaction in a variety of academic and support areas
- Alumni satisfaction with the education received at the University.
Assessment results are consistently used for program improvement.