- What is good customer service?
- What are ODU's Strengths and Weaknesses as related to customer service?
- How do we get to good customer service in the context of the institution's mission, i.e. distance learning, military, etc?
- Everyone on campus should consider themselves as educators and everyone should consider ethics when dealing with students, parents, peers, etc.
- Who are our customers?
- FERPA should be considered in discussions about customer service.
- There should be on-going training (maybe required for performance evaluation) and scheduled customer service training for new employees.
- How do our current policies and procedures affect customer service? Are there policies and procedures that contradict good customer service?
- Are there policies and procedures that are contradictory to other area's policies and procedures?
- We should look at best practices in customer service such as JMU and CNU.
- Maybe there should be a university policy and procedure manual on providing good customer service.
- Maybe there should be an award system for good customer service.
- The policy should be that customers should be sent to no more than 1 step for resolution of a problem.
- Everyone is responsible for retaining students...and as Acting President Broderick said "People know the whole from the part they see."
|Steering Committee Representative||Alice McAdory|
|Data and Assessment Committee Representative||Worth Pickering|
|Committee Members||Donna Meeks
Chiketta Lane (graduate student)
Michelle Davis (student)
Doug Brady (student)
Teresa Darrow (student)
Minutes, Meeting Dates and Agenda
- Wednesday, September 10, 1:00 p.m - 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 30, 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 7, 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 13, 2009, 3:30 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 10, 2009, 3:30 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 10, 2009, 3:30 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Strategic Customer Service Proposal
- You're Friendly Neighborhood Instructor, The Chronicle of Higher Education, January 31, 2007.
- Creating a Culture of Positive Reinforcement
- Gude, Leonard, How Do People Help You Develop a High Performance Operation
- Old Dominion University Current Options for Employee Recognition, April 2, 2007
- Old Dominion University Quality of Work Life Proposal
- Oppermann, Steve, What I Have Learned About Supervision (Mostly the Hard Way), 2008
- Meeting & Recommendation Summaries