- Although the committee will generate some of its own questions, here are some topics/issues to begin the discussion.
- What is the strategic direction for delivery of instruction for all students at all remote locations? How to balance the delivery of instruction with the best utilization of space?
- Optimal Enrollment for Centers?
- Distinctive Function of Centers?
- Should distance learning be a separate self-supporting entity?
- Establish strategic direction for Distance Learning at ODU.
- Outline various strategic partners and their relationship-external and internal, such as OCCS, Academic Media Services, and Administrative Support
- Who are the business partners and type of partnership? What are the principles for developing external partnerships?
- What are some new programs that can be established?
- Should 100 and 200 level online course be offered for on-campus students?
- Support services for advising distance learning students.
- Course caps at the Centers
- Role of Center for Learning Technology
- Role of Testing Center
- Allocation of distance learning resources to colleges for instruction costs
- Video-streaming-why must it be synchronous? Should the delivery of video-streamed courses be structured differently?
- What are the plans for opening and closing distance learning sites? What are the criteria for determining whether a new site should be open or one should be closed?
- What are the plans for delivery and marketing of instruction at the remote sites?
|Steering Committee Represenative||Deb Swiencinski|
|Data and Assessment Committee Representative||David Kozoyed|
|Committee Members||David Chase
Tim Lamb (student)
Betty Rose Facer
Jeffrey Bloom (student)
Minutes, Meeting Dates and Agenda
- Friday, September 5, 2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 12, 2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 24, 2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Top 100 Resesarch Inst and Distance Education
- Meeting & Recommendation Summaries