|Degree Level: Graduate
||College: Strome College of Business
|Major : Business Administration
||Department: Master of Business Administration
|Degree Earned: Master of Business Administration
- High quality
- Ease of completion
- Rich online experience
- Fast paced MBA (short 7.5 week courses) AACSB online, dual credentials, flexible delivery and speed to completion set the ODU MBA program apart from other similar programs
- AACSB accredited program
- Strong core curriculum
- All courses taught by Ph.D. faculty
- ODU's expertise in distance learning
- Culturally and professionally diverse student body
- Convenience (can take classes anytime during the week)
- Online and on-campus options
- Ability to shift between online and on-campus
- 2/3/4 year completion plans
- Adaptability to life situations
Program Benefits Include:
- A degree from a respected, internationally recognized university;
- Rigorous core courses, taught by Ph.D. qualified faculty;
- Relevant skill development to be used immediately-Leadership, Marketing, Finance with Portfolio and Investments;
- Enriching experience with fellow students with interesting work backgrounds from the military, banking, consulting, health care, defense, retailing and consumer products industries
Non-Degree Seeking Students
The non-degree entry form should be submitted online, mailed, or faxed to the address/fax number on the forms if you are taking any of the courses on this page. There is a $50 non-refundable fee for attending ODU as a Non-Degree student.
Unless you have met all of the MBA Program criteria for non-degree status, you will not be permitted to take MBA courses.
The MBA Program requires an evaluation of GMAT scores and GPA to qualify for non-degree status. Unofficial copies of both the GMAT and transcripts can be used for this purpose.
If you have not met the criteria for enrollment as a non-degree MBA student, you might consider the following courses. If you choose these courses, you do not register in the MBA Program Office or see the MBA Graduate Program Director.
- The only prerequisite for the MBA Program is the successful completion of a Calculus course. This can be taken at ODU (MATH 200) or another college or community college (MATH 270 at TCC).
- Or, there are courses in other graduate programs that may be used as electives in the MBA Program once you are admitted.
- Economics (ECON, prerequisites apply). To contact the Economics Department, please call 683-3567.
You may not take ECON 604, ECON 607, 612, or 618.
- Public Administration courses (PADM, prerequisites apply). To contact the Public Administration Program, please call 683-3961.
- PORT 6XX Please call 683-3964 for more information.
- TAX (prerequisites apply). To contact the Tax Program, please call 683-3529
Career Advantage Program
The Career Advantage Program assists interested students in identifying internship opportunities and career coaching.
There are many student consulting projects for on-campus students. For example, a program called "Students on Site," a small group of students who have done projects for Liberty Tax, VirginiaStage Company, Eastern Virginia Medical Center, the Modeling and Simulation Center, and the Football program at Old Dominion University.
With an ODU MBA, career options include:
- Logistics Manager
- IT Manager
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources Manager
- Port & Maritime Manager
- Non-profit Management
Classes & Requirements
Rigorous General Management MBA
- 40 credit hour general management MBA program for business undergraduate students (45 credits for non-business undergraduates)
- 36 hours of core course in functional areas including Accounting, Business Analytics, Business Law, Economics, Finance, International Business, Leadership, Management, Marketing and Supply Chain Management
Expand your horizons with MBA Plus
- Additional unique specializations with certificates in selected areas including Maritime and Port Management, Modeling and Simulation, Public Procurement and Contract Management, Global Health, Science Administration and many others.
- Opportunity to get Bloomberg terminal trained and certified at the Lumsden Bloomberg Trading Room
Subject areas covered in the major:
- Business Analytics
- Business Law
- International Business
- Marketing Strategy
- Supply Chain Management
Maritime and Port Management, Modeling and Simulation, Public Procurement and Contract Management, Executive Health Science Administration
Next Steps & Admission
All MBA entrance candidates must complete the University's application for graduate admission through the Office of Graduate Admissions.
||With admissions package|
||With admissions package
|Test||GMAT or GRE (in certain circumstances)|
|Recommendations||1 (either from academic or professional source)
|Essay||Yes, on personal goals
|Transcripts||From all prior institutions|
TOEFL Requirement of non-native English speakers: (570/213/88)
Application and all supporting documents may be submitted online or to
Full-time applicants are eligible for Graduate Assistantships and should apply at: http://admissions.odu.edu/forms/ODU_GRAD_AIGFA.pdf
Check out our offerings and schedule your visit today. We’ll open the house for you, gear you up with behind-the-scenes access to our professors, our students and our spaces so you can decide for yourself if life and learning at ODU is right for you. We look forward to seeing you on campus! Registration is required for all events.
On one of the most diverse campuses in Virginia, there is no end to the fascinating mix of stories you'll hear, people you'll meet, and the interests you'll share. Those interests are reflected in the more than 200 clubs and organizations on campus open for discovery. Check out the Bhangra Maniacs or Minds About Progress. The Nichi-Bei Club or the Propeller Club. SURGE, F.O.R.E.I.G.N.E.R.S., 3D, or the Anime Club. Better Understanding, the Mace and Crown, One Degree Matters, or the Monarch Maniacs.