Log into Blackboard
Blackboard is the web-based course management tool that is used by a majority of ODU faculty to adminster course content.
In order to access their course(s) in Blackboard, Students must:
- have a MIDAS account ID and password,
- validate that the Blackboard service in MIDAS is active,
- have an active student email account, and
- be registered in a course for at least 24 hours.
Blackboard is a powerful learning environment that accommodates the needs of students by supporting a wide variety of electronic media, including: PowerPoint handouts, Microsoft Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, video and audio clips in my popular formats, PDF files, and more.
Adobe Connect is a web conferencing product that allows users to conduct live meetings and presentations over the internet with multiple users.
- View the content that the presenter is sharing, hear and see the presenter's audio and video broadcast, and use text chat. If you are a participant, there is no setup to attend a meeting.
On the day of the meeting, you will need to:
- Connect and test hardware (headset/microphone and camera) if used in your meetings.
- Verify that you have an active internet connection. Please note that a high speed internet connection is required if your meetings use audio/video.
- Adjust environment (lighting, noise, focus, etc.). You will need a quiet, well-lighted space where you will me able to attend the meeting uninterrupted.
Participate in the Meeting per your professor's instructions. Take some time to become familiar with the different pods that are used by your professor. Note: If your instructor provided a prep meeting prior to your class session for setting up, remember to join the "real" meeting on time.