Apply for Diversity Institute Today!
The Office of Intercultural Relations is now accepting applications for Fall Semester 2013. The application deadline is March 22, 2013. Apply online at http://studentaffairs.odu.edu/oir/DiveIn/apply/.
DI is a free semester-long program that focuses on social ills known as –isms, including: racism, sexism, classism, heterosexism, creedism, ableism, etc. Weekly modules are led by dynamic and engaging faculty leaders from a variety of fields.
How can DI help me?
- A great resource for personal and professional development
- Excellent resume-builder
- Create an understanding of your own identity and how it impacts your interactions with others.
- Minimize the opportunity for trends of prejudice, discrimination, exclusion, and bias to continue.
- Develop empathy and ability to operate and promote an inclusive climate.
- Develop communication skills needed in a pluralistic setting.
- Learn professional requirements related to operating in a diverse, multicultural, and/or global setting.
Examples of Topics:
- Cultural Identity
- Generational Diversity
- Power and Privilege in Society
- Ability Differences
- Class & Social Mobility
- Personality Diversity
- Intercultural Communication
- Interfaith Understanding
- Sexual Expression, Orientation & Identity
FMI: http://studentaffairs.odu.edu/oir/DiveIn | email@example.com | 757-683-4406
Posted By: Stephanie Riggs
Date: Fri Feb 22 15:47:34 EST 2013