[ skip to content ]
- Kim Stewart
- Assistant Professor
- Human Movement Sciences
- Student Recreation Ctr
- Kim received her BA in mathematics from Mercer University, her M.S. in Exercise Science from Virginia Tech and her Ph.D. in
Applied Physiology and Kinesiology from University of Florida. Prior to ODU, she taught at Mars Hill College.
- University of Florida,
- Major: Applied Physiology and Kinesiology
- Degree: Ph. D.
- Virginia Tech University,
- Major: Human Nurtition, Foods and Exercise
- Degree: M.S.
- Research interests include handedness and asymmetric hemispheric control on learning motor skills and health and wellness
assessments and programs
Licensures and Certifications
- Personal Trainer
- Sponsoring Organization: NFPT
- Date Obtained: 2010-06-01
- Expiration Date: 2011-06-30
- Stewart, K., Fernandez, H., Okun, M., Rodriguez, R., Jacobson, C., and Hass, C. (2009). Side onset influences motor impairments in Parkinson disease.. Parkinsonism and Related Disorders, 15 (10), (pp. 781-3).
- Stewart, K., Fernandez, H. H., Okun, M. S., Jacobson, C. E., and Hass, C. J. (2008). Distribution of motor impairment influences quality of life in Parkinson's disease.. Movement Disorders, 23 (10), (pp. 1466-8).
- Sapienza, C., Wheeler-Hegland, K., Stewart, K., and Nocera, J. (2008). Exercise Prescription for Dysphagia: Intensity and Duration Manipulation. Perspectives on Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders (Dysphagia), 17, (pp. 50-58).
- Richards, L., Stewart, K., Woodbury, M., Seneca, C., and Cauraugh, J. H. (2007). Movement-dependent stroke recovery: a systematic review and meta-analysis of TMS and fMRI evidence.. Neuropsychologia, 46 (1), (pp. 3-11).
- Kinematic Analysis of the Box and Block Test
- Conference Name: NASPSPA
- Sponsoring Organization: NASPSPA
- Location: St Petersburg Fl
- Date: June 10, 2005
McManus, L. Presenter & Author
Stewart, K. Presenter & Author
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research