[ skip to content ]
- Sushil Chaturvedi
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- 238b Kaufman Hall
- Case Western Reserve University,
- Major: Mechanical Eng., Thermal/Fluids
- Degree: Ph. D.
- Case Institute of Technology,
- Major: Fluid-Thermal Engineering
- Degree: M.Sc.
- Indian Institute of Technology,
- Major: Mechanical Engineering
- Degree: B.S.
- Chaturvedi, S. K., Abdel-Salam, and Muthoju (2009). A Computer-based Active Learning Tool for Simulating Performance of Steam Cycles. (pp. 137-148). d’NEER special volume on Research and Education in Engineering Education.
- Chaturvedi, S. K., and Abdel-Salam (2008). A Web-Based Student Learning Tool for Thermodynamics concepts related to Multistaging in Compressors and Turbines.. Innovations 2008; World Innovations in Egineering Education and Research.
- Chaturvedi, S. K., Salam, A., Muthoju, Shrinivas, and Gagrani (2007). Mapping of a Thermo-fluids Laboratory Experiment into a Web-based Virtual Experiment for Application as a Prelab Practice
Tool.. Innovations 2007: World Innovations in Engineering Education and Research, Chapter 28.
- Chaturvedi, S. K., Abdel-Salam, and Sreedharan (2006). A Web-Based Interactive Student Learning Tool for Visualization, Simulation and Knowledge Integration in the Undergraduate
Thermodynamics Course.. Book Chapter, Innovations 2006, World Innovations in Engineering Education and Research.
- Chaturvedi, S. K., and Jain Inviscid Rotational Flow Through Sprays. ASME J. of Applied Mechanics, 45, (pp. 34-36).
- Mei, Chaturvedi, S. K., and Lavan Truck Exhaust Gas Operated Absorption Refrigeration System. Japanese Translation of ASHRAE Paper, J. of Refrigeration, 55 (635), (pp. 58-62).
- Chaturvedi, S. K., Abdel-Salam, Kasinadhuni, and Sreedharan Two-Stage Direct Expansion Solar-Assisted Heat Pump for High Temperature Applications. Energy Conversion and Management
- Chaturvedi, S. K. (2011). Engineering Laboratory Instruction in Virtual Environment-eLIVE. in Engineering Education Journal, special volume, (pp. 1-24).
- Chaturvedi, S. K., and Salam, A. (2007). A Web-based Module for Teaching Engineering Students About Environmental Effects of Fossil Fuel Combustion. Computers in Education Journal, 17 (4),
- Chaturvedi, S. K., and Abdel Salam (2007). Development of Building Blocks for Internet-Based Interactive Courses for Engineering Education. International Journal of Internet Education (IJIE), 11, (pp. 51-57).
- Chaturvedi, S. K., Abdel-Salam, Shrinivas, Khan, and Chandorkar (2006). A Web-Based Virtual Supersonic Nozzle Module as an Interactive Visualization Tool for Teaching Concepts Related to One-Dimensional
Gas Dynamics., 16 (2), (pp. 80-89).
- Chata, Chaturvedi, S. K., and Almogbel (2005). Analysis of a Direct Expansion Solar-Assisted Heat Pump Using Different Refrigerants. Energy Conversion and Management, 46, (pp. 2614-2624).
- Boregowda, Tiwari, and Chaturvedi, S. K. (2002). Entropy Generation Method to Quantify Thermal Comfort. Journal of Human Performance in Extreme Environmental, Y (1),
- Kheireddine, Chaturvedi, S. K., and Mohieldin (1999). Computation of Flame Base Height of a Turbulent Diffusion Flame Resulting from a Methane Jet. JSME International Journal, Series B, 42 (1),
- Aziz, Chaturvedi, S. K., and Kheireddine (1999). Thermodynamic Analysis of Two-Component, Two-Phase Flow in Solar Collectors with Application to A Direct-Expansion Solar-Assisted
Heat Pump. Energy, 24, (pp. 247-259).
- Chaturvedi, S. K., Chen, and Kheireddine (1997). Thermal Performance of Variable Capacity Direct Expansion Solar-Assisted Heat Pump. Journal of Energy Conversion and Management
- Kheireddine, Houla-Sanda, Chaturvedi, S. K., and Mohieldin (1996). Numerical Prediction of Pressure Loss Coefficient and Induced Mass Flux for Laminar Natural Convective Flow in a Vertical
Channel. "Energy" The International Journal
- Boregowda, Tiwari, Chaturvedi, S. K., and Redondo (1996). Analysis and Quantification of Mental Stress and Fatigue Using Maxwell Relations from Thermodynamics. J. of Human Ergology, 25 (1),
- Chen, Chaturvedi, S. K., and Mohieldin (1994). An Approximate Method for Calculating Laminar Natural Convective Motion in a Trombe-Wall Channel. Energy, 19 (2), (pp. 259-296).
- Sprinkle, Chen, and Chaturvedi, S. K. (1994). Isolating Gas Sensor from Pressure and Temperature Effects. NASA Tech. Brief, The Digest of New Technology, 6,
- Chegini, Chaturvedi, S. K., and Kondic (1991). Heat and Mass Transfer from a Supercritical Lox Spray. International Communications Heat and Mass Transfer, 18 (6), (pp. 767-778).
- Chaturvedi, S. K., Mohieldin, and Chen (1991). Second Law Analysis of Solar-Assisted Heat Pumps. Energy, 16 (6), (pp. 941-949).
- Chaturvedi, S. K., Mohieldin, and Huang (1988). Mixed Laminar Convection in Trombe Wall Channels. ASME J. of Solar Energy Engineering, 110, (pp. 31--37).
- Chaturvedi, S. K., and Abazeri (1987). Transient Simulation of a Capacity-Modulated Direct Expansion, Solar-Assisted Heat Pump. Solar Energy, 39, (pp. 421-428).
- Chegini, and Chaturvedi, S. K. (1986). An Experimental and Analytical Investigation of Friction Factors for Fully Developed Flow in Internally Finned Triangular
Ducts. ASME J. of Heat Transfer
- Chaturvedi, S. K., and Murphy (1985). Energy Conservation Potential of Large Capacity Solar-Assisted Heat Pumps for Low Temperature IPH Applications. ASME J. of Solar Energy Engineering, 107, (pp. 286-292).
- Chaturvedi, S. K., and Shen (1984). Thermal Performance Aspects of Direct Expansion Solar Assisted Heat Pump. Solar Energy, 33 (2),
- Chaturvedi, S. K., Chiang, and Roberts (1982). Analysis of Two Phase Flow Collectors with Applications to Heat Pumps. ASME J. of Solar Energy Engineering, 104, (pp. 358-365).
- Jain, Porter, and Chaturvedi, S. K. (1982). Unit Thermal Performance of Atmospheric Spray Cooling Systems. ASME J. of Heat Transfer, 102, (pp. 210-214).
- Chaturvedi, S. K., and Porter (1980). Thermal Performance of Spray Canal Cooling Systems. ASME Journal of Engineering Power, 102, (pp. 776-781).
- Mei, Chaturvedi, S. K., and Lavan (1979). Truck Exhaust Gas Operated Absorption Refrigeration System. Transactions of American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning, Part 2 (pp. 66-76).
- Chaturvedi, S. K., and Porter (1978). Air Vapor Dynamics for Large Scale Open Spray Cooling Systems. J. Fluids Eng., 100, (pp. 65-72).
- Chaturvedi, S. K., and Janowitz (1977). Stratified Flow Over a Flat Plate. J. Fluid Mech, 80,
- Simulation and Visualization Enhanced Engineering Education
- Conference Name:
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Date: May, 2008
Chaturvedi, S. K.
- A Rufus Tonelson Distinguished Faculty Award for Outstanding Research, Teaching and Service, old Dominion University
- 1992: Certificate for Services to the Engineering Profession as the ASME Faculty Advisor, Board of Governors of ASME
- 1993: Certificate for services to the engineering profession as the ASME Faculty Advisor, Board of Governors of ASME
- 1980: Department of Energy, Summer Faculty Fellowship, Solar Energy Research Institute
- 2001: Fellow of American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- 1998: Finalist, Council of Higher Education Outstanding Faculty Award
- 1997: Finalist, Council of Higher Education Outstanding Faculty Award
- 2000: Listed in Marquis Who’s Who is Science and Engineering, Millennium Edition
- 1984: Mechanical Engineering Outstanding Faculty Award, American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME), Student Chapter
- 1987: Mechanical Engineering Outstanding Faculty Award, ASME Student Chapter
- 1992: Mechanical Engineering Outstanding Faculty Award, ASME Student Chapter
- 1992: Most Inspiring Faculty Award
- 1998: Most Inspiring Faculty Award
- 1993: Most Inspiring Faculty Award, Provost
- 1995: NASA Certificate of Recognition
- 1995: NASA Certificate of Recognition
- 1996: NASA Certificate of Recognition
- 2000: NASA Certificate of Recognition for disclosure of an invention titled “Visual Detection of Thermal Contact Resistance with
- 1994: NASA Certificate of Recognition for Disclosure of Invention
- 1995: NASA Technical Brief Award
- 2000: Pletta Award 2000, Virginia Outstanding Engineering Educator Award, the Virginia Society of Professional Engineers for outstanding teaching and service to the Commonwealth of Virginia
- 2003: Professor of the Month, the Office of Student Activities and Leadership (OSAL)
- 2003: Professor of the Year, Pi Tau Sigma, the Mechanical Engineering Honor Society
- 1998: Professor of the Year Award, PI Tau Sigma, the Mechanical Engineering Honor Society
- 2001: State Council of Higher Education of Virginia (SCHEV) Outstanding Faculty Award
- 2002: The Asian Pacific American Heritage Organization (APAHO) Award for Professional Achievement
- 1999: University Finalist, Council of Higher Education Outstanding Faculty Award Program
- 2002: Who’s Who among America’s Teachers’ Distinguished Educator Designation
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Two-Stage Gas Measurements Systems
- Patent/Copyright: Patent
- Highway Vehicle Exhaust Gas Refrigeration system
- Patent/Copyright: Patent