[ skip to content ]
- 2007- Professor of Oceanography, ODU
1989-2006: Princeton University
1989: Ph.D., Physical Oceanography, FSU
1984: M.Sc., Atmospheric Sciences, Heb. U.
1981: B.Sc., Physics & Mathematics, Heb. U
- Florida State University,
- Major: Physical Oceanography
- Degree: Ph. D.
- Hebrew University,
- Major: Atmospheric Sciences
- Degree: M.Sc.
- Hebrew University ,
- Major: Physics (major) and Mathematics (minor)
- Degree: B.Sc.
- Physical oceanography, ocean circulation, computer ocean modeling, physical-biological interaction
- Oey, L. Y., Ezer, T., Wu, C. R., and Miyazawa, Y. (2010). International Workshop on Modeling the Ocean (IWMO) special issue Part-1.. Ocean Dynamics.
- Saramul, S., and Ezer, T. (2010). Tidal-driven mixing processes in a coastal ocean model with wetting and drying, In: International Workshop on Modeling the
Ocean (IWMO) special issue Part-1. (pp. 461-478). Ocean Dynamics.
- Oey, L. Y., Ezer, T., Wang X, P., Yin, Q., and Fan, S. J. (2007). Hurricane-induced motions and interaction with ocean currents, In: Recent Developments in Physical Oceanographic Modelling:
Part 4. (pp. 1249-1263). Cont. Shelf Res.
- Ezer, T. (2006). Mesoamerican reef spawning aggregations help maintain fish population: A review of connectivity research and priorities for
science and management. In:Caribbean connectivity: Implications for marine protected area management. Proc. Special Symposium. (pp. 150-169). Belize City; Silver Spring, MD: 59th Annual Meeting of the Gulf and Caribbean Fisheries Institute, Belize City, Belize. Marine Sanctuaries Conservation Series
ONMS-08-07, NOAA, Silver Spring, MD, 2008.
- Oey, L. Y., Ezer, T., and Lee, H. C. (2005). Loop Current, rings and related circulation in the Gulf of Mexico: A review of numerical models and future challenges, In:
Circulation in the Gulf of Mexico: Observations and Models. (pp. 31-56). Washington, DC: Geophys. Monograph Ser. ; AGU Publ..
- Ezer, T., Thattai, D. V., Kjerfve, B., and Heyman (2005). On the variability of the flow along the Meso-American Barrier Reef System: A numerical model study of the influence of the
Caribbean Current and eddies. In: Physics of Estuaries and Coastal Seas (PECS-04) Special Issue. (pp. 458-475). Ocean Dynamics.
- Mellor, L. G., Ezer, T., and Patchen, R. (2002). A generalization of a sigma coordinate ocean model and an intercomparison of model vertical grids, In:Ocean Forecasting: Conceptual
Basis and Applications. (pp. 55-72). Springer.
- Ezer, T. (2001). On the response of the Atlantic Ocean to climatic changes in hgih latitudes: Sensitivity studies with a sigma coordinate ocean
model, In : The Oceans and Rapid Climate Change: Past Present and Future,. (pp. 199-215). AGU Monography Ser..
- 1982: Israel Maritime League Award
- 1984: The Hebrew University's Gershon Meirbaum Scholarship
- 1983: The Hebrew University's Shindel Prize
- 1987: The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- SCHEV Virginia Outstanding Faculty Award, Internal Nominee (not selected)
- 2007: AGU Outstanding Student Paper Award (co-author with advisee student)
- 2002: National Ocean Partnership Program (NOPP), Excellence in Partnering Award, NOPP
- 2001: Distinguished Visiting Professor , Academia Mexicana de Ciencias
- 1991: Listing: Who's Who in Science and Engineering
- Israel Oceanographic and Limnological Research Scholarship
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research