The Center for Educational Partnerships establishes collaborative educational enterprises with schools and school divisions that support dissemination of proven practices, rigorous field trials of promising models, and development and testing of innovative research-based models in collaboration with Old Dominion University's primary educational partners.
The Center for Educational Partnerships focuses its efforts on the following activities:
- Developing broad-based partnerships with school divisions in the Hampton Roads area and greater Virginia.
- Serving as a conduit through which Old Dominion University will endeavor to make available the best local, state, national, and international resources to the primary partners to fulfill our mutual obligation to assure academic achievement, development of responsible citizenship, and self-fulfillment of the youth served by our partner schools.
- Pursuing selected inter-institutional and international educational partnerships that capitalize on identified areas of strength at ODU or enhance strategic relationships between these partners and the Hampton Roads community.
The guiding principle behind all of the Center's decisions is to develop the best possible partnership arrangements to enhance the educational experiences and future prospects of children and young adults in the Hampton Roads community and across greater Virginia.
As a result, the Center will:
- Place special emphasis on partnership arrangements that seek to improve the education of youth from historically underserved ethnic or geographical backgrounds.
- Submit its actions and staff to the highest possible standards of professional conduct, accountability, and transparency of decision-making and operations.
- Respect the dignity, rights, and essential humanity of all persons with whom we may interact, regardless of their station in life or background.