The Leadership Lab is comprised of a variety of topics to help improve leadership capabilities of all members of your club/organization. The sessions in this lab are designed to further improve on already existing leadership skills and help your organization and its individual members lead more effectively with integrity and motivation.
Fall Leadership Lab: Friday, September 28, 2012, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Webb Center, Hampton/Newport News Room
Spring Leadership Lab: Friday, February 1, 2013, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Webb Center, Hampton/Newport News Room
New Organization Orientation
This session is for active members/officers of recognized student organizations. Whether your organization is new or you are new to the responsibilities of managing a student organization on ODU campus, you will learn the essential from this one hour workshop.
Student Organizations are required to re-register every Fall Semester. This allows Office of Student Activities & Leadership to keep track of the groups that plan to be active on campus for the academic year. During the re-registration process an organization provides us with the name and contact information of its officers/spokespersons and adviser(s). We use this information to facilitate necessary communication throughout the academic year; It is important that this process is completed within the FIRST THREE WEEKS of the start of the academic year.
Re-Registrer your Student Organization:
- After receiving your notification please log into your account.
- Hover over organization (top blue bar) and click on the name of your organization.
- You will now re-register your student organization. Click on "Settings" in bottom left (side toolbar). You will then see the gray tool bar at the top of your page. Complete the profile for your student organization. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Next". This allows you to enter your complete re-registration information including president's and spokepersons' information.
- Hit finish.
- You will receive a confirmation for re-registration on the green banner (left side).
*All organizations are required to have a faculty or staff member serve as their advisor. Please feel free to use our list of potential adviors if you need to find a new advisor.
The deadline to re-register your organization is September 14, 2012.
This one hour session is a forum for student organizations to join each other in planning large co-sponsorship events, network, voice concerns, seek resources or simply share information. Since our time together is limited, presidents are encouraged to submit agenda items prior to each session. In the event the there is a schedule conflict, presidents are also encouraged to send an officers to represent the organization.
Submit agenda items to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- September 13, 2012, 12:30-1:30 p.m., Webb Center, Chesapeake Room
- November 1, 2012, 12:30-1:30 p.m., Webb Center, Chesapeake Room
- January 31, 2013, 12:30-1:30 p.m., Webb Center, Chesapeake Room
- March 21, 2013, 12:30-1:30- p.m., Webb Center, Chesapeake Room
SGA Budget Requests
Recognized student organizations can request funding through the Student Government Association. Requests are due early in the Spring semester. The deadline for budget requests for the 2012-13 academic year was February 10, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. online through the organization roster system. Registration is now closed.
The Student Government Association set standards and requirements for all recognized student organizations. Please review the standards. For more details visit the SGA website at http://odusga.com/.
Spring Organization Fair
The Sping Organization Fair is a great opportunity to attract new members to your organization. To reserve a table, please complete the registration form (will be available in October).
Organizations may register for one date and will be provided with a six-foot table. Date and table assignments will be made on a first come, first serve basis (limited space available). Please remember that all fundraising activities held during the fair must be approved in advance through the Office of Student Activities and Leadership.
Check-in for the fairl will be in OSAL at 1071 Webb Center. Light snacks will be available.
All questions concerning the Spring Organization Fair should be directed to the Office of Student Activities & Leadership.
- Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., Webb Center
- Thursdya, Januarry 24, 2013, 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., Webb Center