Please Answer The Following Questions
If you answer "yes" to ANY of them, this constitutes an emergency situation and you should contact our office at 757-683-4401
If our office is closed, you should contact the ODU Police at 757-683-4000
- Do you have a current plan to attempt suicide or to inflict serious bodily harm on someone else?
- In the last 7 days have you:
- Inflicted or attempted to inflict serious bodily harm on yourself or someone else?
- Attempted suicide or made verbal or written threats to do so?
- Been physically and/or sexually assaulted?
- Heard or seen things that do not exist?
- Experienced uncontrollable and overwhelming sadness, anxiety or anger?
- Had a severe reaction to a psychiatric medication?
- Been unable to provide for your own food, clothing, and shelter?
If you answer "no" to all of these, we recommend scheduling an intake appointment with the receptionist during regular office hours (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm), and you will be seen within the next few days.