A New Student is any new, incoming student who does not currently attend Old Dominion University or any other university during the 2012-2013 academic year. (High school students with AP credit are considered new students)
We are glad that you are interested in on-campus housing at Old Dominion University. In order to better assist you in this process, please make sure to carefully read the information provided in the links below to have a better understanding before you apply.
By applying for housing at Old Dominion University, you are agreeing to the full Terms and Conditions of the Housing and Dining Agreement and entering into a legally binding agreement. As it is a legally binding agreement, it is important for you to fully understand the conditions of the agreement, so please take some time to review the documents and the information provided.
For the purposes of our housing assignment process, New Incoming First-Year Students are defined as any new, incoming; first-year students that do not currently have on-campus housing, do not currently attend ODU, and are not transferring from another institution. New Incoming First-Year Students who complete their applications (online application and $250.00 payment) by May 15, 2013 are guaranteed on-campus housing in one of our residential facilities.
If at any time you have questions or would like to speak with someone directly, please do not hesitate to contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 757-683-4283 (Toll Free 800-766-0833).
We look forward to having you join our community and wish you the best of luck here at Old Dominion University!
Before You Begin
Before you begin the application process, browse through your options for Living and Learning Communities and Residential Communities. It is also a good idea to take a look at the following documents to get a better understanding of the commitment you are making to ODU prior to applying for housing:
- 2013-2014 Terms and Conditions (this is a Preliminary and Advisory copy; awaiting final Board of Visitors Approval)
To Begin Your Application
You will need:
- MIDAS account username and password
- A valid credit/debit card for the application fee ($50.00) and housing deposit ($200.00)
Additional Informaiton About the Application Process
- It is important to note that by applying for housing and completing the application process, you have created a legally binding agreement and made a financial commitment to live on campus at ODU for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Assignments are facilitated in the summer (typically by mid-July); charges will not appear on your student account until early August.
- Checking Your ODU Email - all communications during this process will go to your ODU email account, so please be sure to check it regularly for updates and information.
- Apply early! This increases your chance to get your choice of building and possibly your preferred roommate.
- Review refund policy - The $250 deposit ($50 is an non-refundable application fee) is refundable if a cancellation is made on-line through the Student Housing Portal before May 15, 2013 for the fall semester.
- Review Assignment Policy - Acceptance of the Housing and Dining Agreement does not guarantee a specific room assignment.
- If you apply after the May 15, 2013 deadline, you will not receive a refund for your deposit even if your housing application is approved for a cancellation.
When applying for housing, students can list up to three housing preferences. Please make sure that you list multiple options and review the different amenities and features of the residential communities. Preferences of room assignments are made in date order; the eariler you complete your on-line application and payment, the more likely you are to receive your preferred housing assignment.