What are key things I should know when arriving early?
- Students must arrive during the pre-set arrival times (we cannot guarantee immediate assistance if you arrive outside of the pre-set arrival times).
- Students approved to move in early will be charged a per day housing rate of $25.00 (unless sponsered by a University group that pays for students Early Arrival fees).
- Residence Hall staff members are in training on these dates, so normal service levels (front desk, mail services, and security) will be limited.
- Meal plans will not be activate until Sunday, January 13, 2013; dining services are offer limited services prior to opening. To get full information on dining facilities hours of operations, please visit: www.odu.edu/af/monarchdining/.
- It is considered a privilege to move in early. Students will still be responsible to Old Dominion University and Housing & Residence Life Policies; violations of these policies and procedures are referred to the Office of Student Judicial Affairs.
- 24-hour quiet hours are in effect in the residence halls during early arrival periods.
- Visitation is prohibited until the residence halls officially open.
In order to request an Early Arrival to campus students must be with a University sponsored group that requires the student to arrive to campus prior to his or her official move-in date.
We require students to register and receive permission for Early Arrivals for a number of reasons. For one, we have limited staffing prior to opening and want to ensure that we are able to still provide some services students. It is also imperative that we know who is in our buildings at all times for safety andsecurity reasons. To ensure students, friends, and families a welcoming experience arriving to campus it is essential to request your arrival in advance to prepare facilities and staffing within each building.
There is a $25 per night cost to arrive to campus early. Please speak withyour coordinator to determine if you are personally responsible for the cost associated with moving in early or if your group will be paying for your arrival.
If you are approved for an Early Arrival, your check in instructions will be emailed back to you.