At ODU we understand that as a transfer student, you have unique needs that require a wide array of campus resources. The Advising and Transfer Programs Office is here to assist you with your transition to the university. The services and programs offered to you as a Monarch are endless so take advantage of every opportunity. We encourage you to Explore, Experience, and Engage!
Even before you set foot on campus we encourage you to explore your transfer resources.
- Experience what the university has to offer by registering for one of our daily tours or Open Houses hosted by the Office of Admissions
- Learn about transfer options, such as the Guaranteed Admissions Agreement, through the Office of Admissions
- Find out about the transferability of courses through Monarch TRANSFERmation
- Obtain VCCS curriculum sheets to verify program requirements
- Contact our office after the Letter of Intent has been submitted to ensure a smooth transition
- Register for UNIV 100 University Orientation
- Participate in workshops and programs offered by our office
- Attend Transfer Student Day
- Learn about Tau Sigma the National Honor Society for transfer students
We also recommend that get involved and engaged in the excitement of ODU. You don't have to be a current student or alumni to possess some wild Monarch pride, even prospective transfer students can roar until their voices are gone at athletic games or partake in lively discussions during Student Affairs' monthly Coffee and Conversation.
Once admitted to Old Dominion University the Advising and Transfer Programs Office will continue to provide assistance and support during your transition. Students who attend ODU as non degree are able to schedule an appointment with us to ensure they are enrolled in the proper courses for their program. We strive to help you identify services and resources that will assist you in achieving your academic, career and personal goals.