[ skip to content ]
After Admission to the University
- Memorize your UIN
- Activate your MIDAS ID (and student email account), then learn to check your email
- Pay the freshman deposit
- Register online for Preview once the registration process has begun
- Transfer students eligible to opt out of Preview: Complete the online orientation and the required Blackboard activities (Writing Sample Placement Test and Transfer Student Survey). Make an appointment with your academic advisor to have your hold removed.
*Bring your UIN, MIDAS ID and MIDAS password to Preview.
After Registering for Preview
- Take the required Writing Sample Placement Test (3 weeks prior to Preview)
- Take the required Transition to College Inventory (freshmen) or Transfer Student Survey (transfers)
- Complete the two 'Preparing for Registration' modules
- Consider your Math and Foreign Language placement. Take the COMPASS Math Placement Test or Foreign Language Achievement Test to place higher
- Send a photo for your student ID card and it will be waiting at Preview
- Make sure your final high school or college transcripts have been sent to Admissions, as well as your AP/IB test scores (posted mid-July)
- Optional: Interested in working on campus? You can submit payroll paperwork at Preview (during the services fair). Bring your original social security card, driver's license, voided check or direct deposit form. Later, when you've found a job, your paperwork will be on file, making hiring you easier!
Other Things to Consider (If Applicable)
The Campus Experience
- Exploring majors? Check out general education courses you can take
- Have a major in mind? Check out the curriculum
- Review the University catalog