Top reasons you attend college?
It's more than a degree, earn knowledge, skills, and abilities to engage in your career and meet your goals and expectations.
It is never too late for career and education planning.
Learn how to connect your major to a career.
Develop your professional associations every day.
Quantify your qualifications and give relevant examples.
Search and apply for quality jobs and internships.
Match your credentials with the requirements.
Tools for Success
"I narrowed down the search of my job interests, now I know more about the jobs I want to pursue, and the courses I need to take to get to the degree I need."
Focus Career & Education Planning
Focus on your future with interactive, self-guided activities and learn more about career and education planning. Start from the beginning or target your specific needs and make informed decisions at any stage of your career:
- Career Readiness - identify your strengths and development needs
- Self Assessment - learn more about your personailty, skills, values, and work interests
- Explore Possibilities - compare majors, career fields, and occupations that meet your goals and interests
- Action Planning - develop a plan to achieve your objectives
Take it one step further, learn more about the types of employers that hire in your field and ways you can maximize your opportunities. Connect majors to careers areas, typical employers, and key strategies that make you a more marketable candidate.
- Career Explorer featuring popular careers and leading industries, search by projectied growth, level of preparation, bright outlook, and green jobs
- Career Finder presents questions about work activities based your interests to help you identify careers you find rewarding
- Resource Library features information on a wealth of topics from career preparation to work life balance
Link to your future with targeted resumes, jobs, interviews, and events. ODU CareerLink is your network for success; connect with career opportunities, resources, and professionals. Whether you're looking for a part-time job, internship/co-op experience, entry level or experienced positions in your field, employers are looking for you in ODU CareerLink!
Going Global is the ultimate international job seeker's guide created for international students in the US and US students going abroad. Access more than 10,000 international and 100,000 US jobs and internships and more than 35,000 country-specific career and employment resources on topics including job search, work permit/visa regulations, resume writing, employment trends, salary ranges, networking groups, and cultural interviewing advice.
Get the right information, right now with access to 12 million career contacts from dozens of recognized providers. Find hidden opportunities and direct emails to key professionals in organizations and competitors across the country.
Fast, accurate results by industry, region, city, size, and keywords. Find your best fit with this unique networking and research tool.
Student Off-Campus Login (client referral required)
Managing your finances may seem overwhelming, CashCourse can help you make informed financial decisions throughout college and into your professional career.