2012 Fall Semester Application for Teacher Candidate Internship Placement
Deadline: March 15, 2012
Schools Requiring Background Checks
For a of school divisions in the Commonwealth of Virginia requiring Backgroung Check for student teaching placement, see the list below. Tthe school division will inform you which forms need to be completed.
Download and print the entire application packet in single pages. Please read the directions and follow the instructions outlined below:
Application for Teacher Candidate Internship Placement
(for students on-campus and Hampton Roads Area Only)
- Print the entire Application packet in single pages. Click here.
- Teacher Candidates requesting a placement in the following school division(s) must attach the respective form with the Application packet. Click on the title to download the form:
- Chesapeake Public Schools
- Suffolk Public Schools
- Virginia Beach City Public Schools (fillable form)
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor.
- Complete and sign all the forms in the application packet, including the Norfolk Placement form (even if you are not requesting to be placed with Norfolk Public Schools).
- Keep the Cover Letter and Background Information sheet *.
- After you have met with your academic advisor, submit the completed and signed application packet to Teacher Education Services, 152 Education Building, by the established deadline above.
Teacher Candidate Internship Placement Application for Students at a Distant Location
(for students Outside the Hampton Roads Areas in Virginia and Outside Virginia)
- Arlington Public Schools
- Fairfax County Public Schools
- Roanoke County Public Schools
- Prince William County Public Schools
- Henrico County Public Schools