News & Announcements
- Welcome Lindsay Davis of Teacher Education Services
- Skip the Tolls - Take Your Classes at the Tri-Cities Center
- Ophthalmic Technology Program
The Certificate Program in Ophthalmic Technology is offered by the College of Health Sciences at Old Dominion University. This is the first semester as an exclusive ODU program and it is headquartered at Tri-Cities!
- State of the Regional Higher Education Centers Annual Report 2013-2014
- The 2014-2015 Undergraduate and Graduate Catalogs are available at the following link.
- Looking for information about programs and services at ODU. Take a look at the 2014 Preview Guide. This is your one-stop-shop for everything you need to know about ODU and being a Monarch. Go Big Blue!
- Fall Semester - Registration for Fall semester continues. If you have questions or concerns about registration for classes or other student services come by and see Ellen McClintock for assistance.
October 6-October 10, 2014 join us at Old Dominion University's 37th Annual Literary Fesitval. The vision of the festival foregrounds the relationships of food and sustenance in a variety of cultural, poetic, political, and other contexts.
Welcome to the Tri-Cities Higher Education Center Homepage
Tri-Cities Higher Education Center is a "Gateway to the University."
The Old Dominion University Tri-Cities Higher Education Center is a full-service facility offering upper level undergraduate 300 and 400 level degree completion classes, graduate and certificate programs, admissions, registration, advising and other student services for residents of Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk and surrounding areas. Additionally, State-of-the-art conference rooms and instructional classrooms are available to public and private industries for continuing education purposes at competitive rental rates.
Art Exhibits at Tri-Cities
Visit Tri-Cities to view art from students from Chesapeake Public Schools, Suffolk Public Schools and local artist Debbie Hobbs. They are displayed on the second floor of the building.
Tri-Cities in the News: A Satellite Campus
Suffolk News-Herald's Strides Magazine featured an article highlighting the benefits of Tri-Cities' location and the convenience of taking courses at our facility. Click here to view the article in its entirety.
Non-Degree Entry Information
Old Dominion University welcomes non-degree seeking students to apply for any academic term. Permission to attend ODU as a non-degree student does not guarantee admission. Full credit will be given for each course (up to 12 credit hours for graduate; 24 credit hours for undergraduate) taken in non-degree status. Those wishing to take more credits will then need to apply as a degree-seeking student. Click here for more information and a step-by-step guide to non-degree admission below.
The Writing Center at Virginia Beach Higher Education Center
The Regional Higher Education Centers are dedicated to assisting our distance learning students. The Writing Center at the Virginia Beach campus is a great resource that you can take advantage of, if needed.
Summer Semester Hours:
4 p.m. - 8 p.m. Monday
10 a.m. - 7 p.m. Tuesday & Thursday
Make an appointment:
For more information please check out The Writing Center home page.