VCCS to ODU
- Submit a Letter of Intent to Transfer after completion of at least 15 transferrable credits and a 2.5 grade point average, but before 90 days prior to graduation from a VCCS institution. Students only submit the Letter of Intent if they complete one of the following:
* Student intends to complete a transferrable associates degree prior to starting classes at ODU (Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Arts and Science, and Associate of General Studies at approved institutions only).
* Student intends to complete an approved applied associates degree with certificate in general education, which have been designed and approved as part of the ODU/VCCS articulation agreements.
- Graduate with a minimum of a 2.5 cumulative GPA (as computed under VCCS policy) in a transfer-oriented or articulated applied associate degree program from a Virginia community college
- Meet all course/degree requirements outlined in the relevant articulation agreement for the VCCS degree.
- Enroll at ODU within one year of completing the transfer-oriented associate degree or articulated applied associate degree.
- Earn a grade of "C" or higher in each community college course applicable to the transfer-oriented or articulated applied associate degree program.
NOTE: Students do not submit the Letter of Intent or participate in the Guaranteed Admission Agreement if they do not complete one of the above requirements.
How to Apply
- Submit a Letter of Intent to Transfer.
- Apply to ODU after completing 15 credit hours at a VCCS institution with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Apply to ODU for the term following the expected completion term of your associate degree.
- Follow application processes and deadline dates for special programs, i.e. nursing.
What to Expect
- All transferable credits (C or better) will be accepted, granting you junior standing.
- Your credits will satisfy the ODU lower-level general education requirement.
- You may need to exceed the 120-credit minimum required for graduation.
- Some degree programs at ODU may require additional applications and admission into these programs is not guaranteed.
- If you have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.5 (from all schools attended) and plan to enter ODU in the fall semester, you will automatically be considered for merit-based scholarships.