The mission of the Office of Assessment is to provide leadership and support for all academic programs and administrative units in assessing student learning, student experiences, and/or efficiency and effectiveness as part of a continuous quality improvement program designed to impact learning and teaching and meet accreditation standards.
More specifically, the goals of Assessment are to collaborate with faculty and staff in assessing:
(1) learning outcomes of each academic program and efficiency and effectiveness objectives of each administrative unit;
(2) student learning outcomes of the General Education program including assessment in six competency areas (writing proficiency, technical / information literacy, quantitative reasoning, scientific reasoning, oral communication, and critical thinking) required by SCHEV;
(3) institutional effectiveness related to the University's accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools - Commission on Colleges (SACS-COC) and specialized accreditations held by several colleges and individual academic programs;
(4) entering students' potential for academic success and persistence;
(5) student success programs to improve academic success and persistence;
(6) overall student satisfaction in a variety of academic and support areas; and,
(7) alumni satisfaction with the education they received at the University. Assessment results are consistently used for program improvement.
WEAVE is the University-wide entry portal for submitting annual data on program/department status and achievement based stated mission, goals and objectives.
Faculty and staff seeking access to Qualtrics and other useful tools pertaining to assessment and assessment-related projects can look here.
In this area, faculty and staff with a valid MIDAS ID can access the numerous reports produced by the Office of Assessment each year.