Modeling and Simulation Engineering Scholarship Opportunity - Deadline November 1st
The Industry Association of the Virginia Modeling, Analysis and Simulation Center will provide a $5,000 scholarship award to an undergraduate engineering intended student who selects Modeling and Simulation Engineering as his/her major at ODU.
The scholarship will be awarded in the spring 2014 semester ($2,500) and fall 2014 semester ($2,500) towards payment of tuition and fees. The recipient must be enrolled full-time (i.e., at least 12 credit hours), and be in good academic standing at the University. The recipient must also declare Modeling and Simulation Engineering as his/her major and enroll in MSIM 201 in fall 2014.
To apply, students should follow the directions outlined on the attached flyer. All materials must be submitted electronically by November 1, 2013. Materials should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Essay explaining “Why do I wish to major in Modeling and Simulation Engineering?” (no more than 500 words);
2. Personal resume to include positions, outstanding awards, presentations, publications (if any), and leadership capabilities;
3. Transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable) from all previous colleges and universities attended; and,
4. Two letters of recommendation from faculty members (at least one from a math, science or engineering discipline—preferably an MSVE Faculty member)
1. Must be an “engineering intended” student at ODU at the time of application;
2. Submit a complete application package by the deadline (see below). Incomplete packages will not be considered.
3. Must declare Modeling and Simulation Engineering as a major at the time scholarship is awarded and enroll in MSIM 201 in fall 2014.
For more information on the BS in Modeling and Simulation Engineering, please visit http://eng.odu.edu/msve
Posted By: Richard Mayo
Date: Mon Oct 28 10:27:16 EDT 2013