CLT Faculty Summer Institute on Teaching & Learning
Time (Multi-Day Event)
8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Register now to participate in the
CLT Faculty Summer Institute:
Bridging the Gap between Teaching and Learning
at the Ted Constant Convocation Center
Learn, reflect, and share your best teaching practices at CLT’s 15th Annual Faculty Summer Institute, Bridging the Gap between Teaching and Learning, at the Ted Constant Convocation Center on May 21-22.
Ken Bain, historian, educator, and author of the international best-seller What the Best College Teachers Do (Harvard University Press, 2004) will offer the keynote address and launch the Institute.
This year’s Institute is organized around five themes. These include:
· Sharing Ideas to Bridge the Gap: Faculty Learning Communities Working with colleagues inside and outside your department; sharing, reflecting, and learning; using your network to promote reflective teaching practices; interrogating your own underlying assumptions and practices; engaging with colleagues in continuous reflection and collaboration
· Reflecting About Your Own Teaching Practices: Your Reflective Journey Shared personal stories: how has your teaching evolved over the years because of your self-awareness and your use of reflective practices to rethink, renew, and adapt new teaching practices? How congruent are your teaching philosophies and your teaching practices?
· Engaging Your Students: An Active Learning Approach Shared experiences in fostering students’ self-directed learning, attitudes, and values; promoting preflection as a strategy to enhance and enrich students’ reflection about their learning
· Transitioning from Face-to-Face to Online Teaching Your chance to share your personal story: are you using your F2F teaching experience as a reference point? What differentiates your online students from your F2F students? What teaching and learning assumptions and beliefs were shattered or enhanced during your transition from F2F to online? How are you promoting a sense of community among your students?
· Using Teaching and Learning Technologies How-to seminars and workshops on tools used to bridge the gap between teaching and learning. Tools of particular interest: online tools; voice-enhanced content presentation; digital storytelling; mobile devices, apps, and tools; and electronic portfolio tools, to name a few.
To register to participate, visit http://clt.odu.edu.
Or, for more information, contact Susan Boze: (757) 683-3172 or firstname.lastname@example.org