Freshman Summer Institute is a three-day intensive leadership program for incoming ODU freshmen held during the summer. FSI builds on the leadership skills of our new students and provides them with a jump-start to becoming acclimated to campus. The students participate in meals with faculty, staff and current leaders, a hands-on service project and many leadership experiences.
At the end of this program students will:
- Establish an academic and involvement goal
- Be more self aware of their personality preferences
- Develop skills to be able to successful work in groups and teams
- Be aware of involvement and leadership opportunities
- Be exposed to the Social Change Model of Leadership Development
Dates & Cost
Session 1: July 23-25
Session 2: July 29-31
Session 3: August 7-9
The cost for the program is $50, and covers your two nights of on-campus housing, all meals during FSI, activities and all materials.