Queer Studies- Summer/Fall 2013
Summer 2013: WMST 395
4:00pm - 7:15pm, Mondays/Wednesdays
Fall 2013: WMST 303
7:10pm - 9:50pm, Mondays
This course is a study of LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, queer) experiences.
It introduces students to personal, cultural, and political aspects of queer life while examining social forces such as heteronormativity, the social construction of gender, and homophobia.
Just a few of the questions we will tackle:
· How do we define queer? Isn’t that term offensive?
· How do race/gender/class intersect with sexual orientation?
· How and why have queer histories, experiences, and knowledge been rendered invisible?
· What does the Holocaust have to do with LGBT people?
· What were the Stonewall riots?
For More Information:
Posted By: Stacey Parks
Date: Tue Apr 23 13:42:29 EDT 2013