Spring 2014 Check-In
IMPORTANT CHECK-IN INFO FOR SPRING 2014
All new international students coming to ODU for the first time and international students returning to start a new academic program must check in with ISSS. An "international student" is an individual from another country who does not have a green card or a U.S. passport.
Check-in, which takes place in Dragas 2006, takes anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours, depending on the number of students who need to be processed. Please plan accordingly.
Required Documents/Information for Check-In for DEGREE-SEEKING Students
NOTE: If you do not have the items listed below, please wait until the next check-in day when you can bring them. If you are on a status that does not have one of the items below (e.g. H-4 visa holders don't have an I-20 or an I-901 receipt), please just bring all documents listed below that you have.
- your U.S. address (even if temporary)
- your passport
- your I-901 SEVIS fee receipt (F-1 and J-1 visa holders only)
- all visa documentation (I-20, DS-2019 or proof of visa status change)
- your I-94 card or a print-out of your I-94 entry record
- for new graduate assistants: your offer letter with all of the required information
- any original documents that should be submitted to International Admissions (e.g. transcripts, diplomas or test scores; for clarification, please contact International Admissions directly
Check-in for students already in the U.S. and starting a new degree program in January 2014
Monday-Wednesday, 16 - 18 December--9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Check-in for ALL students starting a new degree program in January 2014
Monday, 6 January 2014--9 a.m.-12 p.m. for all students
Tuesday, 7 January 2014--NO CHECK-IN due to mandatory International Student Orientation
Wednesday, 8 January 2014--9 a.m. to 12 p.m. for GRADUATE students (Master's and Ph.D.) only due to mandatory Preview for undergraduate/ Bachelor's students
Thursday, 9 January 2014--9 a.m. to 12 p.m. for all students
Friday, 10 January 2014--9 a.m. to 12 p.m. for all students
Monday-Friday, 13-21 January 2014--9 a.m. to 11 a.m. for all students
International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) is responsible for providing support programs and advising services which help to ensure the academic and personal success of our international student and scholar community.
Visa information for international students and scholars.
Information about on-campus employment and for off-campus employers.