IMPORTANT CHANGES - Student Account Payment Policies
IMPORTANT CHANGES IN STUDENT ACCOUNT PAYMENT POLICIES FOR SPRING SEMESTER
In an effort to control costs that impact students, Old Dominion University has contracted with a third party vendor, PayPath, to process all credit card transactions for tuition, room and board, and fees on student accounts. While credit cards are convenient, the fees associated with processing these payments cost nearly $1 million annually and negatively impacted the university’s ability to keep costs low for all students, whether they used credit cards or not. By using this process, Old Dominion can still offer the convenience of credit card transactions, while also enabling ODU to maintain its lower-cost payment alternatives. There is no change in where you make payments online. You will continue to use Leoonline and authorized users will continue to use Touchnet.
Effective on December 1, 2013:
- The University’s Cashiers Office will no longer accept credit card payments in person.
- ODU will begin accepting Discover and American Express for online payments.
- Students who pay using a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express) will be charged a 2.75% convenience fee.
- The University will begin accepting payments with a debit card (see note below).
All students who use credit cards will be charged a 2.75% convenience fee; however, there remain several options to pay a bill with little or no extra cost to you:
- Payments through e-Bill by WebCheck/ACH. Enter your checking account and routing numbers online through ODU e-bill.
- Payment in Person: In person by check, money order or cash only at the Cashiers Office in Rollins Hall. Office hours are 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday (unless closed for University approved holidays).
- Payment by Mail: Checks or money orders may be mailed to the Cashiers Office, Old Dominion University, Rollins Hall, Norfolk, VA 23529.
- Payments through the Payment Plan. This is an affordable option to spread your tuition, fee, and room and board costs over 4-monthly installments. Although the cost of enrolling in the plan is $40, there are no interest or late fees charged as long as the installment payments are made on-time and paid by WebCheck/ACH. (On-line payments with credit cards will be assessed the 2.75% convenience fee.)
- Payment with Debit Card. The option to pay with a debit card will be available to students on December 1, 2013. Students will need to select the debit card payment option to avoid being assessed the 2.75% convenience fee.
If you have any questions about the new credit card convenience fee or any of our payment options, please visit the Office of Finance website http://www.odu.edu/admission/costs-tuition/tuition/billing/payment-options or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best wishes for a successful academic year at Old Dominion University!
Posted By: Kathleen Parker
Date: Mon Nov 25 08:07:12 EST 2013