Chris Dede of Harvard to keynote at Faculty Summer Institute. You're invited. May 20-21. Register now!
Chris Dede, the Timothy E. Wirth Professor in Learning Technologies at Harvard’s Graduate School of Education, will offer the keynote address at the Center for Learning and Teaching’s Faculty Summer Institute on Teaching and Learning, May 20-21 at Webb Center.
Dr. Dede’s fields of scholarship include emerging technologies, policy, and leadership. In 2007, he was honored by Harvard University as an outstanding teacher, and in 2011 he was named a Fellow of the American Educational Research Association.
You are cordially invited to participate in the Summer Institute, whose topic is
Online and Face-to-Face Teaching: Realizing the Best of Both Worlds
This year’s Institute is organized around five themes:
· Faculty Learning Communities: Sharing Ideas to Realize the Best of Both Worlds
· Reflecting About Your Own Teaching Practices: Your Personal Transition toward Online Environments
· Involving Your Students: An Active Learning Approach
· Course Design: Strategies for both Face-to-Face and Online Teaching
· Workshop: Teaching and Learning Strategies or Hands-on Technologies
Register now to participate. We look forward to having you join us for two days of reflection, sharing, and teaching tips presented by your peers.
Or, for more information, go to http://clt.odu.edu or contact Susan Boze: 683-3172 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted By: Alison Schoew
Date: Mon Apr 21 13:44:00 EDT 2014