The mission of the Department of Educational Foundations and Leadership is to develop reflective, competent, and ethical scholars and practitioners in research and statistics, educational foundations, and educational leadership for public and private schools and institutions of postsecondary education around the world.
To accomplish this, we:
- Mentor current and future leaders who create and lead organizations to promote student learning;
- Offer a rigorous curriculum that supports informed judgment, competent professional behavior, and a sense of social justice;
- Support pedagogical excellence and thoughtful leadership; and
- Build enduring relationships within a diverse community that motivate, deepen, network, and sustain personal, professional, and organizational growth and performance.
Educational Foundations and Leadership offers degree programs in Educational Leadership, Higher Education, and Community College Leadership.
- The graduate programs in Educational Leadership will prepare individuals to work in leadership positions in education and training. M.S.Ed., Ed.S, and Ph.D. degree programs are available.
- The graduate programs in Higher Education will prepare individuals for advanced leadership positions in higher education institutions and human resource and administrative areas. M.S.Ed., Ed.S, and Ph.D. degree programs are available.
- The Ph.D. program in Community College Leadership will prepare individuals for executive leadership roles in the community college setting.
Old Dominion University is a leader in technology mediated distance learning. The department offers delivery options for many of our courses and degrees. This has proven to be a critical component in preparing distinguished professionals to become leaders and gain knowledge of state-of-the-art technology to pass along to students and leaders of the future. In addition to TELETECHNET, other options of distance learning include video streaming, Adobe Connect, and online based courses to reach students across the country.
Please enjoy browsing our website to learn more about our programs. If you would like more information, please call us at (757) 683-5163.
Dr. Jay Scribner