This year's Monarch Leaders Retreat will be held January 10-11, 2014
The Monarch Leaders Retreat includes food, transportation, and leadership development for a minimal fee of $10. Student organizations may cover the $10 registration fee.
Please review the Old Dominion University Participation Agreement. All participants are required to sign this form before departing.
Current student organization officers are encouraged to register and attend the Monarch Leaders Retreat. The retreat provides participants the opportunity to further explore their personal leadership style and develop strategies to effectively lead others. Participants will have the opportunity to connect with other student leaders, faculty, and staff on campus. The retreat includes team building activities, a networking dinner and panel, and much more!
As a result of participating in the Monarch Leaders Retreat, students will be able to:
- Identify avenues for teamwork and collaboration within the Old Dominion University community.
- Identify personal leadership style, group leadership style, and explore strategies to work effectively with others.
- Define transformational leadership and develop strategies to successfully lead others.
- Examine the successes and challenges of student leadership at Old Dominion University.
- Identify and discuss methods for navigating change within an organization.
What to Bring:
- Change of clothes
- Pillow and pillowcase
- alarm clock
- Jacket and/or rain gear
- Shower shoes
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothpaste,etc.)
- Warm clothes
- Towel and washcloth
- Business casual attire
- Men: slacks with a button up shirt/polo
- Women: slacks/skirt with dress shirt or casual suit
- Flashlight and batteries
We Will Provide
- All meals
- Housing- rooms will include multiple beds and bathroom facilities
- All snacks
- All notebook materials (folders, pens, paper, etc.)
*While we can provide suggested items to pack only you know what makes you comfortable. Please Plan accordingly!