- Job Announcement: Faculty of Practice in Climate Change Resilience and Adaptation (Assistant or Associate Professor level)
- 2013 AccessEU Conference: Transatlantic Solutions to Sea Level Rise Adaptation - October 30-31, Ted Constant Convocation Center
- CCSLRI Summer 2013 Newsletter now available!
- Job Announcement: Post-Doctoral Research Associate - Climate Change and Sea Level Rise
- Dr. Diane Horn, Visiting CCSLRI Scholar from Birkbeck College, London with Dr. Michael McSane, Finance Department, ODU -- Collaboration Report now available.
"The Old Dominion University Climate Change and Sea Level Rise Initiative will bring the university and the region's foremost experts together to find solutions to the challenges facing our region and other regions globally."
ODU's Climate Change and Sea Level Rise Initiative (CCSLRI) facilitates research and education in all aspects of climate change and sea level rise. Because of our location there is special emphasis on adaptation to increased flooding because of sea level rise. There are many other aspects of climate change affecting coastal cities such as public health or disaster preparedness that the initiative also addresses. Please see Related Research Groups for more information.
At the local level the University will provide appropriate leadership to regional leaders and distribute accurate information to the citizens. At national and international levels faculty researchers and educators will develop projects at other locations using the knowledge gained locally.
The University is building the initiative through internal research grants, faculty hires at all levels and all disciplines and other actions to help faculty participate.
Initiative Newsletters provide quarterly updates and provide a good overview of recent activities.
If you would like to receive occasional information about the initiative or have a question or comment contact those listed in the right hand column.
Many different research centers and groups support and are affiliated with CCSLRI.