How to Maximize Your Tutoring Experience
- Bring QUESTIONS! You should attempt your homework to the best of your ability before going to the tutoring center, so you know what questions you have and the tutors can better help you.
- Come Prepared! Bring class materials such as your book, notes, homework, study guides, etc.
- Don't wait until the last second to get help! Give yourself plenty of time to review and understand the material because you cannot cram for math or chemistry!
The Math and Science Resource Center
Offers tutoring for the following subjects:
|OCNPS Rm 146||Learning Commons
The MSRC also offers supplemental instruction for certain courses. For more information, visit the MSRC website at http://sci.odu.edu/msrc.
The Writing Center
The Writing Center is the campus service that helps Old Dominion University students address writing questions, such as...
- How do I start this paper?
- Am I fulfilling the assignment?
- How effective is my approach to this text?
- What will my audience think of what I have written?
- What are the best strategies for passing the Writing Placement Exam and the Exit Exam of Writing Proficiency?
- When I have a final draft, how do I revise and copyedit (i.e., fix the grammatical errors) this paper?
The Writing Center works with both undergraduate and graduate students in all disciplines to prepare them for the challenges of composing essay assignments, test preparation, seminar papers, theses, dissertations, and application materials. Please contact us for more information.
The Writing Center also helps instructors across the campus with the writing they ask students to do by giving presentations on writing issues and consulting with individual instructors. We also offer several workshops throughout the semester to help students on specific writing issues.