Deadline 2/7 Wanted M-Power Educators
What is M-Power?
• A resource within the ODU community, educating on issues of interpersonal violence (Consent, Sexual Assault, Stalking, and Intimate Partner Abuse
• Peer educators provide learning experiences that promote gender equality,
non-violence and positive change
What will YOU gain?
• Public speaking practice, skills & experience
• Facilitation skills enabling you to engage others in learning activities, bring different opinions into the open for discussion, and answer difficult questions within a group setting
• Knowledge and experience in advocating on an important issue and for those adversely impacted
• Greater awareness, compassion and sense of responsibility for your peers
• Community service hours
Who should apply?
• Any sophomore through graduate level student currently enrolled at ODU, with the courage to make a difference
• Students with a basic understanding of these topics
• Students who desire to be Agents of Change
What is required of the peer educator?
• Complete 16 hours of training (in September).
• Present a minimum of two interactive presentations per semester
• Able to staff information table at Campus events 2 times during the semester
• Attend monthly peer educator meetings to keep current on issues of interpersonal violence
Interested In applying? Please email email@example.com or contact the Women’s Center for an application.
Posted By: Kishla Conner
Date: Thu Feb 06 16:56:41 EST 2014