DCOE Conference for School Administrators Addresses Virginia’s New Educator Evaluation Process
The Darden College of Education Department of Foundations and Leadership will host a one-day leadership conference for school administrators at the Webb Center on Thursday, June 19 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The working conference, "Leading to Ensure Fidelity: Implementing Virginia's New Educator Evaluation Process," will provide school administrators with an understanding of the legal requirements and intended outcomes of Virginia's new educator evaluation process.
During the conference, administrators will engage in problem-solving discussions associated with implementing the new evaluation process and explore implementation challenges while establishing a professional learning network of support.
The conference has been collaboratively designed by Educational Leadership faculty and area school leaders. Professional development sessions at the conference include the following topics:
- Working with Teachers to Set Goals
- Understanding the Legal Requirements
- Selecting and Using Observation Tools for Educator Evaluation
- Determining Student Growth Measures
- Leading to Ensure Instructional Rigor Across Classrooms
- Identifying Technology Solutions to Support Classroom Observations
- Coaching for Improvement with Teachers and Staff
- Evaluating School Leaders
For additional information on the conference, contact Karen Sanzo at 757-683-6698.