[ skip to content ]

Academic Advising


Degree or non-degree status undergraduate students who are undecided about a major and want to explore majors can make an appointment to see an advisor in the Center for Major Exploration (CME), which is located in 1500 Webb Center. The Center for Major Exploration will help you handle advising inquiries and refer you to the appropriate office when you are ready to be advised in your intended major. CME can also be reached by phone at 757-683-4805.

Academic Advisors

All degree-seeking students must be advised prior to registering each semester. An advisor registration block is placed on each student's account -- this block is removed during the advising session.

Degree-seeking undergraduates with a declared major must contact the department of your major for advising. Degree-or non-degree intended majors in Arts & Letters, Business, Engineering, and Health Sciences must contact the Advising Coordinator in the respective college. Degree or non-degree intended majors in Education and Sciences must contact the appropriate academic department for advising.

Advising Centers

Professor Chats with Students

Each of the six academic colleges and the two program colleges at Old Dominion University provide a variety of academic advisement resources.

Curriculum Planning

Cyber Services

Academic Continuance

Perry Library

Choosing A Major

Student Helps with Sound and Lights

Choosing a major is one of the most definitive decisions a college student can make. Old Dominion University has resources to make sure this major decision goes smoothly.

Transfer Advising

Academic Planning

Directory of Advisors


Each field of study has a specific advisor.