[ skip to content ]


Financial & Registration Holds

If students have any type of financial or registration hold but still wish to withdraw from a course they must submit the completed Drop/Add/Withdraw Form to the Office of the Registrar.

Distance Learning students may also submit the form to the Site Director or the Office of Distance Learning to be withdrawn from a course or courses.

All drop and withdraw deadines apply.

Military Deployment

All active duty military students who are unable to complete course requirements due to change in employment duties, work schedule or deployment to a duty assignment may be administratively withdrawn from current semester courses. Students are required to furnish a copy of their military orders to the Office of the University Registrar. Upon receipt of the copy of military orders, the student will be withdrawn from all courses and refund of tuition will be processed and returned.

Withdrawal from classes occurs after the deadline to drop classes has passed. Students who withdraw through the 10th week of classes are encouraged to contact their instructor, advisor, and financial aid counselor to discuss the implications of withdrawing.

After the first 7 calendar days of the semester and through the end of the 10th week of a regular semester (or its equivalent for nonsemester courses), a student may withdraw from any course with a grade of "W" assigned.

How to Withdraw

During Withdrawal Period - No Permission Needed

During this withdraw period, no instructor signature is required and the withdrawal may usually be accomplished via LEO Online, or by submitting a completed Drop/Add/Withdraw Form to the Office of the Registrar (Distance Learning students may submit the form to the Site Director or the Office of Distance Learning).

Students who withdraw from classes by any method should verify the withdrawal in LEO Online (Registration History).

After Withdrawal Period - Permission Needed

After the 10th week of a regular session (or its equivalent in a nonsemester course), the student must submit a written petition for permission to withdraw (Request for Exception -- Permission to Withdraw After Midterm) to the instructor and the chair of the department offering the course. Two signatures are required.

If permission is granted by both, a grade of "W" will be recorded when the form is presented to the Office of the University Registrar. If permission is not granted by both, the student will not be allowed to withdraw from the course. Any appeal of decisions should be brought to the dean of the college offering the course.

The Request for Exception must be submitted by the last day of classes for a term.

Unofficial Withdrawal

A student who stops attending classes without officially withdrawing will receive a grade of "WF" except if the student's performance has been an "F", in which case a grade of "F" will be assigned.

The grade of "WF" will carry no points, but will be computed in the student's grade point average.

Non-attendance does not relieve students of the financial responsibility for tuition charges after they are registered for a class.