Old Dominion University offers service members, their families, and U.S. government employees the convenience of offices on military installations. Knowledgeable and friendly staff can help students and potential students navigate through the academic process.
Old Dominion Military Distance Learning offices offer the following student services:
- Help with on-line registration
- Testing for Writing Sample Placement Test (selected locations)
- University catalogs and schedules of classes
- Filing of all University forms including admission applications, non-degree applications/registrations, Veterans Benefit forms, Tuition Assistance forms
- Acceptance of tuition payments
- Military Career Transition Program (MCTP) advising (most locations)
- Assistance with veterans benefits, financial aid, and tuition
- Information and intake counseling about baccalaureate degrees, master's programs, and doctoral programs (as applicable).
Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC)
ROTC offers opportunities and challenges that can put you on the fast track to success in life. You will develop the confidence, self-esteem, motivation and leadership skills you will need regardless of you career plans. The qualities that ROTC training instills will be vital to a productive and rewarding future.
Hampton Roads NROTC
The Hampton Roads Naval Reserve Officer's Training Corps battalion is one of the Navy and Marine Corps' largest officer training battalions. It is compromised of a three school consortium that includes Hampton University, Old Dominion University, and Norfolk State University.
Army ROTC enhances your college experience by providing training that will make you motivated, confident, and ready, to lead. You will have practical instruction in such areas as organizational leadership, communication, and time management. The skills you learn will be ones that benefit you for entire life, whether you are a career military officer, or a business executive.