About the CBPA Executive Advisory Council
The Dean's Executive Advisory Council (EAC) for the Old Dominion University College of Business and Public Administration (CBPA) was established to provide a source of guidance and support for the academic leadership of the CBPA. Each regular member of the Council represents a segment of the private and/or public sectors critical to the overall mission and continued success of the College in preparing graduates who are ready to meet the challenges of today's workplace. Chairpersons of the CBPA's center advisory councils and departmental advisory councils serve as ex-officio members of the EAC.
EAC members serve as ambassadors for the College, provide guidance in the creation of continuous improvement of the College through the Strategic Plan, and participate on subcommittees/task groups that help provide direction for the operations of the CBPA. Additionally, EAC members form the core of the College's Executive Mentor Program.
In 2013, the College was recognized by our AACSB Accreditation Review Team for the extensive engagement of members of the EAC and other advisory councils. The reviewers also acknowledged the "meaningful, direct interactions" between EAC members and CBPA students.
EAC Leadership - 2013-2014
- Chair - Nancy Grden, General Manager, GenoMind LLC, Norfolk, Virginia
- Vice Chair- Deborah Butler, EVP and Chief Information Officer, Norfolk Southern Corporation, Norfolk, Virginia
- Curriculum Subcommittee Chair - Gary Gilmore, President, PAPCO Inc., Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Development Subcommittee Chair - Ed Amorosso, Managing Partner/CEO, McPhiollips, Roberts, & Deans, Norfolk, Virginia
- Entrepreneurship Subcommittee Chair - Lee Entsminger, President, Entsminger Consulting LLC, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Mentoring Subcommittee Chair - Bjoern Fischer, Vice President for Finance, Stihl Inc., Virginia Beach, Virginia
For more information contact:
Dr. Constance Merriman, Assistant Dean
Old Dominion University College of Business & Public Administration
2012 Constant Hall
Norfolk, VA 23529