Temporary Mobility Impairment - Use of Golf Cart Transportation
These guidelines are provided to inform students who have temporary medical and physical disabilities which impact mobility on the use of Golf Cart Transportation Services. Students with the appropriate documentation of mobility impairment may receive transportation assistance through the Office of Educational Accessibility. If you have questions regarding any of these guidelines, please contact the Office of Educational Accessibility at (757) 683-4655.
The Student Must Provide
- A clear statement of the diagnosis of the medical or physical condition from a qualified examiner (e.g. ER discharge paperwork, a physician, or Athletic Trainer). This should include a description of the present symptoms/features, including the severity of the condition and the expected duration of the condition. Students may be asked to provide re-certification of continuing need.
- A copy of their class schedule which indicates the EXACT pick up and drop off locations and times
- Proper documentation should be turned in as soon as possible so that services can begin within 48 hours.
- Golf cart transportation is available to pick students up from the residence halls or parking location starting at 8:30am and to deliver students to the residence halls or parking location until 5:00pm. Transportation is not available to drive to residence halls between classes.
- Golf cart transportation services are provided on main campus only (between 43rd Street and 49th Street and Hampton Boulevard and the Elizabeth River) due to state and city law.
- Pick-up/drop-off begins no earlier than 8:30am and end no later than 5:00pm.
- The University offers accessible transportation through the shuttle service if you need transportation outside of the hours of operation of the office.
- The golf cart will wait 5 minutes for you to arrive at the designated pickup location, then it will leave to avoid disrupting the schedule for other students.
- You need to notify OEA with any cancellations at least one hour before the scheduled time.
- If you miss a pick-up you must contact the Office of Educational Accessibility and indicate the need for transportation for the remainder of the day.
- If you miss your ride 2 times without appropriate notification, the Coordinator of Golf Cart Transportation will contact you to discuss continuing your services. If you miss your ride 1 time after this without proper notification you will be removed from the transportation schedule.
- Transportation services are only available during the fall and spring semesters.
- Please be aware that many students use these services, and we cannot guarantee that every student arrives to class on time. OEA can provide you with a letter for your professors documenting your need to be excused from being tardy to class.
If the Office of Educational Accessibility cannot provide golf cart transportation, there is a campus shuttle that operates Monday - Thursday 7:30 AM to Midnight and Friday 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM. For more information please see the Transportation and Parking Services website: