What are key things I should know when arriving early?
- Students must arrive during the pre-set arrival times (we cannot guarantee immediate assistance if you arrive outside of the pre-set arrival times).
- Residence Hall Services are limited (front desk, mail services, and security) due to staff training.
- Meal plans may not be activate until the offical move-in date; dining services are offer limited services prior to opening. To get full information on dining facilities hours of operations, please visit: www.odu.edu/af/monarchdining/.
- It is considered a privilege to move in early. Students will still be responsible to Old Dominion University and Housing & Residence Life Policies; violations of these policies and procedures are referred to the Office of Student Conduct & Academic Integrity.
- 24-hour quiet hours are in effect in the residence halls during early arrival periods.
- Visitation is prohibited until the residence halls officially open.
To ensure students, friends, and families a welcoming experience arriving to campus it is essential to request your arrival in advance so Housing & Residence Life can prepare facilities and staffing within each building. If you are approved for an Early Arrival, your check-in instructions will be sent to your ODU student email. To request Early Arrival, please log into the ODU Housing Portal.
In order to request an Early Arrival to campus students must have the following:
- An on-campus housing assignment for the semester you are requesting early arrival
- Be a part of a sponsored group such as Marching Band, Freshmen Service Experience, Preview, etc.
- Have an extenuating circumstance which precludes you from moving in during your predetermined check-in day and time.
Housing & Residence Life is unable to approve Early Arrival requests for the University Village as a result of the short time between academic year agreement periods. The period between agreement periods is needed to clean and repair apartments in preparation for the upcoming agreement period.
Early Arrival request must be submitted no later than August 15, 2014 for the fall 2014 semester.
Please note the following before submitting your Early Arrival Request:
- Staffing and services within the residence halls are limited because hall staff is in training.
- No visitation is permitted prior to the start of the academic year agreement period.
- 24 Hour quiet hours are in effect.