- Put in your starting address
- Put in your desired destination
- Click "Get Directions"
2014-2015 HRT Go Pass365 Program
Through a partnership agreement with HRT, ODU offers a significant discount for HRT GoOass365 ysers from the standard monthly GoPass rate (what regular HRT patrons would pay). The GoPass365 is only for purchase and use by eligible students, faculty / staff and third-employees (those not paid by ODU) working or studing at ODU. The 2014-2015 Go Pass365 is an ANNUAL Pass that expires on June 30, 2015.
- Students: $25.00 per year ($12.50 for Spring semester only starting 1/5/2015)
- Faculty / Staff: $120 per year ($60 for Spring semester only starting 1/5/2015)
- Third-party employees: $250 per year ($125 for Spring semester only starting 1/5/2015)
An individual may purchase EITHER a Go-Pass OR a parking permit, but not both. This is to ensure those that are solely reliant on HRT service for their transportation needs have access.
The 2014-2015 Go Pass365 is valid through June 30, 2015. Please store your card safely in a wallet or purse. There is a $23 replacement fee for lost or stolen Go-Passes.
Refund Policies: If you no longer desire to use your GoPass365, you may turn in in to our office for a partial refund. Passes turned in before 1/16/2015 will be refunded half of the annual pass cost.
What To Do If You Do Not Have an HRT GoPass365
HRT still has a large variety of options for riding the bus, ferry and light rail with convenient locations close to campus to purchase fare media.
Bus/Ferry/Light Rail Fares:
- One Trip: $1.50
- 1-Day GoPass: $3.50
- 7-Day GoPass: $17.00
- 30-Day GoPass: $50.00
- 30-Day GoPass with Max bus service: $95
For additional options please visit HRT's website.
Where To Purchase HRT Fares:
On an HRT bus: one way fares and 1-day GoPasses are available (exact change required)
The closest retail locations to ODU to purchase fare media is the 7-11 behind Grays Pharmacy: 4720 Hampton Blvd. Norfolk, VA 23508 or 7-11 on Powahatan Ave: 4803 Powahatan Ave. Norfolk, VA 23508. It is a good idea to call ahead first, just to be sure the store has the ticket you want in stock.
Other retail locations can be found on HRT's website.
How to Use The GoPass365
A valid ODU ID card is required to be shown when boarding any HRT service in conjunction with your GoPass.
If you experience any problems using your new GoPass365 it is important to collect as much information as possible such asbus number, route, time and if possible driver's information. Please report any problems to our office as soon as they happen so we can work with HRT on correcting them.
Getting to ODU from the Tide (Light Rail)
The closest Tide station to ODU is the EVMS/Fort Norfolk station. The Route 2 bus provides a connection to the Tide.
- Route 2 (via Hampton Blvd): This services leaves every 30 minutes during peak times from the EVMS/Fort Norfolk Station and takes approximately 15 minutes to reach ODU. The bus drops off on the east side of Hampton Blvd and picks up on the west side of Hampton Blvd.
Getting to and from Downtown Norfolk/MacArthur Mall
The easiest and quickest route to downtown Norfolk and MacArthur Mall is to catch Route 2 and transfer to the Tide at the EVMS/Fort Norfolk station.
Be sure to plan your return trip ahead of time as the last buses to ODU from EVMS/Fort Norfolk station leave at 11:12 pm Monday through Thursday, 1:12 am Friday, 12:29 am Saturday, and 11:40 pm on Sunday.
Handi-Ride Information: Students, faculty, and staff assigned to the Norfolk campus can use the Handi-Ride free of charge with a Handi-Ride pass booklet. To receive a booklet:
- Come to the Transportation and Parking Services office with a valid University identification card.
- Proof of certification through the HRT Disabilities Program.
- Disabled customers will be issued Handi-Ride booklets based on their class or work schedule.
- There are ten passes per booklet. Booklet will not be replaced if lost or stolen.