Services for Military Connected Students
Old Dominion University's Military Connection Center is committed to assisting veterans including active duty service members, reservists, guardsmen and their families to successfully navigate the transition to academic life.
Our goal is to provide comprehensive support for students to succeed at ODU from the point of admission through graduation and ultimately on to a productive career.
By utilizing a seamless service delivery model, we assist students to
- Adjust to the ODU community
- Navigate the required administrative processes for admission and finance
- Find peer sponsors and faculty mentors
- Connect with campus resources
- Secure academic tutoring and advice
- Locate opportunities for student employment through the VA Work Study program
- Participate in educational and social programs
- Identify community resources
The VetSuccess on Campus program is a partnership between the US Department of Veteran Affairs and Old Dominion University to assist students with military affiliation to make a smooth transition to college life and to successfully complete their educational programs.
Veterans Affairs Services was established to provide specialized customer service to members of the various branches of military service, veterans, and their eligible dependents.
ODU staff members from across campus specifically trained to help with military connected students.
Orientation specifically for military connected students to receive information on military benefits and paying for college, academic support and campus resources.
Employment program for full-time or 3/4 time military connected students to "earn while you learn" with a VA work-study allowance.