[ skip to content ]
Take these steps to make a smooth transition to the University. Click the links for detailed instructions.
Turn in important paperwork
- Send your final high school or college transcripts to Admissions, as well as your AP/IB test scores (posted mid-July).
- Send your immunization records to Student Health Services. If you miss the deadline, you'll have trouble registering for second-semester classes.
Take care of business
- Pay the Admissions Fee. You can't take the online orientation or register for Preview until you've completed this step.
- Apply for Financial Aid. Don't forget to accept the awards you want.
- Apply for on-campus housing and pay the housing deposit.
- Select a meal plan. Commuters can sign up for meal plans early so bills are assessed to their student accounts.
- Send a photo for your student ID card, and your card will be waiting at Preview.
- Know the tuition payment plan deadlines.
- Purchase a parking decal online (if applicable).
- After you register for classes, purchase your books through Leo Online.
Get ready for Preview
Complete your placement tests and surveys
- Take the required Writing Sample Placement Test (3 weeks prior to Preview) in Blackboard. Only take the test after you have confirmed your Preview plans, including your specific Preview date. If you change your Preview plans, your name will be moved to a different Blackboard group, and your ungraded test may be lost.
- Take the required Transition to College Inventory (for freshmen) or Transfer Student Survey (for transfer students) in Blackboard.
- Complete the 'Preparing for Registration' modules in Blackboard.
- Take the optional COMPASS Math Placement Test or Foreign Language Achievement Test to place higher in these subject areas.
Explore your academic options
Bring your UIN, MIDAS ID and MIDAS password to Preview
Get involved on campus early
- Join MonarchLink, a tool that tracks your involvement in student organizations, campus events, student leader training, and more!
- Attend the Freshman Summer Institute to build your leadership skills and get a jump-start on becoming acclimated to campus.