"Our goal is to provide SSS participants with the support and skills needed to remain in college and complete a degree program."
Student Support Services (SSS), a TRIO program funded by the U.S. Department of Education, provides academic support to increase the retention and graduation rates of eligible students attending Old Dominion University. To help students achieve and maintain satisfactory academic standing at the University, program services and activities are designed to focus on students' learning styles and special needs. Student Support Services not only helps students succeed at the undergraduate level but also encourages them to pursue graduate studies.
To participate in Student Support Services at Old Dominion University, you must be enrolled at Old Dominion University. In addition, you must have an academic need, be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident, and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- First Generation College Student: Neither of your parents completed a bachelor's degree.
- Low Income: You must meet the current Federal Income Guidelines.
- Student with a disability: You must have a documented physical or learning disability.
If you meet the above, you may be eligible for Student Support Services. Please complete an application and return it with the required documentation.
Please visit the U.S. Department of Education website for a list of TRIO programs.
- Academic Advising: Assistance in course registration is provided to assist students with their academic planning.
- Financial Advising: Financial Advising Services provide students with the information on types of financial aid and resources for locating aid, assist students with completing the FAFSA, and help to improve students' financial and economic literacy.
|Name of Workshop||Date|
Tutorials are designed to assist students with improving and maintaining their grades and are available in various subject areas on an individual or small group basis.
One-on-one tutoring is also available in the following subject areas:
- Statistics 130
- Writing Skills
- Study Skills
- Spanish 100 Levels
Online tutoring (via Skype) coming soon!
- Peer Mentoring
- Grant Awards