Did you know that students who are involved in campus life outside the classroom have a higher chance of succeeding inside the classroom?
Now is the time to start making your experience as a Monarch exactly what you want it to be - form friendships, develop skills, become a better student, and make this a year to remember!
What is Monarch Experience?
Monarch Experience is our challenge to every incoming first year student to commit to getting involved during their first few months on campus. Whether it be with a student organization, a sports club, a learning community, or a leadership role in your residence hall, getting involved on campus can help you succeed as a Monarch - and beyond! Once you find the perfect fit, we promise it won't be long before you start reaping the benefits!
How do I know what to pick?
Think about what you enjoy doing and go from there. What are your interests? How do you like to spend your time? You'll be surprised at what's available on campus! There is an unlimited amount of options for every interest - your task is simply to pick one!
Start tracking your involvement on your Co-Curricular Record via Monarch Link. This record, combined with your academic transcript, will help you keep track of everything you do with your time as a Monarch. Submit your Monarch Experience on your co-curricular transcript by October 1, 2013.
How do I begin?
There are lots of ways to get started:
- Ask your RA about involvement opportunities (or a professor, or a friend!)
- Browse the Monarch Link website
- Visit one of the many Student Engagement offices on campus:
- Leadership & Student Involvement
- Center for Service & Civic Engagement
- Office of Intercultural Relations
- The Women's Center
- Recreation & Wellness
- Residence Life
- Health Promotions
- Career Management Center
- Center for Major Exploration
- The list goes on and on!
Below are a few of the many options available to you. Follow the links to find out more!
- Freshman Summer Institute
- Emerging Monarchs
- Fall Formal Recruitment
- Freshman Service Experience
- Student Organizations
- Monarch Service Days
- Alternative Breaks
- Living Learning Communities
- Out of State Mentors
- Residence Hall Association
- Dinner and a Movie, Exploring Faith Through Films
- President's Prayer Luncheon
- Connect U
- Outdoor Adventure Program trips
- Women's Outdoor Adventure Program
- Women's Institute for Leadership Development (W.I.L.D.)
- First Ascent
- Small group personal trainer
- Health and Wellness Boot Camp
- Healthy Monarch Leaders
- Counseling Services presents Big Man on Campus
- The Red Watch Band
- Connect with Your Inner Spirit
- Learn and Earn Advantage Program (LEAP)
- Work Study
- Monarch Millionaires
- History and Social Justice Learning Community
- Personal Health and Wellness Learning Community
- Freshmen Think Tank
- Peer Mentors
- UNIV 100, 105, 195, and 120 courses