ODU subscribes to the Pivot funding database, which provides faculty, students and staff at Old Dominion University access to approximately 25,000 funding opportunities every day. Workshops are given during the academic year, so please check the calendar for upcoming dates and times.
Four different listservs that cover funding for broad research areas are sent directly to your desktop each Friday.
Creating a Pivot Account
Once on the Pivot website:
- Click on "Sign up" in the upper right corner of the screen
- Fill out the online form
- You must use an ODU email address and identify Old Dominion University as the "Affiliated Member Institution"
- Click the "Create my account" button
- You will receive a verification email at the ODU email address provided; check junk mail if it doesn't show up in the inbox
- Your ODU email address and the password you entered will be your Pivot username and password
Online Pivot Training Resources
- An overview of Pivot is available on YouTube. Many other "How to" Pivot videos are also listed there.
- A webinar called "Pivot for University Faculty, Researchers, and Staff" will help to introduce the functions and practices needed to navigate the site. The page also includes a schedule of upcoming webinars, as well as a recorded version of the same webinar that can be viewed at any time.
- User FAQ's, including sections on finding funding and help on setting up user accounts, are available by visiting https://pivot.desk.com.
Find the downloadable version of these steps and tips here.
Still unable to find what you need? Contact the Office of Research with questions.