If you are a new (less than 2 years) University supervisor of classified employees, then the Supervisor Essentials training series is for you. Your partners in the Department of Human Resources want to make certain that you are equipped with the knowledge needed to be a successful University supervisor. This program is for supervisors who have the responsibility of hiring, evaluating, coaching and terminating classified employees.
There are many State and University policies and procedures associated with supervising classified employees. This series focuses on a myriad of topics 'essential' for supervisors to be successful.
Some of the courses contained in the series are: Understanding Your Responsibilities as a University Supervisor, Leave Management, Progressive Discipline, Understanding the Grievance Process, Classification & Compensation, Recruitment Selection and Hiring, Writing the Position Description as well as other essential supervisory topics. The series is considered critical for new (less than 2 years) Supervisors and highly recommended for tenured Supervisors.
Completing a Previous Course
If you have previously participated in the series and still need to complete one or more course to complete, please contact Cheryl Foreman at 683-4316 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll in your specified courses.
Leave Management Part 1 and 2
Classification and Compensation
- Compensation Management (Materials will be provided before training)
- Handouts will be provided during the session
Materials will be distributed at the session.
- HR Memo to Supervisors 9/1/11
- Performance Management Presentation
- Policy Number: 1.40 - Performance Planning and Evaluation
- Probationary Progress Review Form
- Interim Evaluation Form
- Immediate Recognition Form
- Extraordinary Contributor Form
- Notice of Improvement Form
- Counseling Memorandum Sample
- Letter of Reprimand Template
- Alternative Exercises
Understanding the Grievance Process
Recuritment, Selection and Hiring
- Forms and other materials will be provided before the training
Situational Leadership Part 1 and 2
- Materials will be distributed in class for both sessions of Sitatuional Leadership