Our goal is to provide legal tools and resources so we can best serve you in your efforts to serve the University.
The Office of University Counsel (UC) is responsible for the provision of legal services to the University in conformity with state law, and the uniform legal policies set by the Attorney General of Virginia. UC represents the University in civil proceedings and provides advice and counsel in connection with the University's activities and transactions. The following areas outline a few services our office provides as it relates to University business:
- Legal advice on court papers and subpoenas.
- Counter potential lawsuits and grievances.
- Review and revise contracts for outsourced services.
- Conflict of Interest training (COIA) and Certificate of Completion form.
- Assist the University FOIA Officer with FOIA requests.