NBC Learn Higher Ed Training Sessions
Earlier this fall the Library/ITS announced the availability of the NBCLearn resources for access by faculty and staff at ODU. This access is currently available through Blackboard as a building block that can be made available in any course by the instructor. Additionally NBCLearn is directly available to faculty and staff through the Library catalog services (Library Catalog and Find Databases A-Z).
What is NBC Learn Higher Ed? It is a collection of primary source videos, newsreels, documents, and images; One of the largest news archives in the world; Collections are updated with current events daily from celebrated NBC programs.
On September 26, 2013 there will be two onsite training sessions conducted by NBCLearn that will be open to faculty and staff on how to use the NBC resources available to the University. These training sessions will be held at the following times and locations:
· Library Instruction Room (1306) – 10:00 – 11:30 AM, seating will be limited to the first 35 attendees.
· Center for Learning and Teaching, Gornto Room 101, 1:30 – 3:00 PM, seating will be limited to the first 20 attendees.
In addition to these onsite training sessions, we have planned multiple online webinars during the week of September 30th that can be attended by all faculty and staff interested in gaining more knowledge in the capabilities of NBCLearn. The online webinars will be conducted by NBCLearn and be focused on how specific topic areas can be used in education. Specific connection information for the Webinar sessions will be provided in the near future.
· Tuesday, October 1 at 2pm: Topic area - Business & Economics, Psychology, Education
· Wednesday, October 2 at 10am: Topic areas - Performing Arts, Art, Social Studies
· Thursday, October 3 at 2pm: Topic areas - Sciences & Engineering, Health, Language Arts
Posted By: Megan Smith
Date: Tue Sep 24 12:11:56 EDT 2013